Call for application. Artist's book Révélation ADAGP - MAD 2018
MAD #4 will take place on September 14, 15 and 16, 2018 at the Monnaie de Paris. On this occasion will be presented the Artist's book Revelation ADAGP - MAD 2018 intended to support and promote the current creation in this artistic discipline.
In partnership with MAD, the ADAGP, the Society of Authors in the Graphic and Plastic Arts, is pleased to announce the third edition of the prize - Artist’s Book Talent Revelation - intended to support and promote contemporary creation in the discipline of artists’ books.
The prize-winner will receive an endowment from ADAGP of € 5,000 and have his or her portrait filmed and presented on the Arte website. The winner will be announced during the opening of Multiple Art Days (MAD), an annual event dedicated to contemporary publishing practices.
Under the artistic direction of Sylvie Boulanger (Director of the cneai =) and Michael Woolworth (Director of the Atelier Michael Woolworth), this event will welcome more than 100 publishers for its 4th edition, on September 14, 15 and 16 at the Monnaie de Paris.
The jury, co-chaired by artists Philippe Ramette and Elizabeth Garouste, will bring together personalities from the contemporary art world (artists, journalists, art critics, museum curators…).
The pre-selection of 20 artist books who will run for the prize will be made by MAD’s selection committee:
SELECTION CRITERIA :
• Emerging Artist (never exhibited in institutions)
• Working or residing in Europe / Switzerland
• Published in 2017/2018
• Edition of 15 to 1,000 copies (can be signed and / or numbered)
• Excluding magazines, fanzines or prints made for a current deluxe edition
• Call for applications: March 2018
• Deadline for application: Tuesday, May 15, 2018
• Meeting of the Scientific Committee of MAD: June 2018
• ADAGP jury meeting and announcement of the winner: Thursday, September 13, 2018
• Exhibition of 20 pre-selected artists’ books during MAD from September 14 to 16, 2018, at the Monnaie de Paris.