ADAGP & Cité internationale des arts residency
Because the circulation of artists, their research and their practices is essential to relaunching artistic and cultural life, ADAGP and the Cité internationale des arts are joining forces to set up a new support system.
An artist based outside Ile-de-France will thus be able to benefit for three months from a research residency and professional support from the Cité internationale des arts.
If public, associative or private initiatives have tended since the second half of the twentieth century to rebalance the cultural disparities caused by a geography that has been centralized for too long, Paris remains a privileged place for meetings and opportunities.
In order to meet the specific needs of artists wishing to nurture their artistic projects and their professional career in the Parisian context and network, this residency will be completed by à professional support from the Cité internationale des arts team.
This program includes:
• A 3-month residency at the Cité internationale des arts (site of the Marais) from January 2022 to the end of March 2022;
• A life grant of 1,250 euros per month;
• Artistic and professional support;
• Networking with all artists of all nationalities, disciplines and generations in residence, as well as with outside professionals depending on the winner's projects.
Eligibility and selection criteria
This device is open to artists from the field of visual arts (painting, sculpture, photography, video, performance …), residents outside Ile-de-France and who are not represented by a gallery.
There is no age limit.
In addition to the evaluation of the candidate's professional career, the members of the jury composed of qualified personalities, will pay particular attention to the artistic quality of the project, to the argument presented around the added value of this perspective of residency in Paris, to the protocol planned work and contacts or partnerships already established.
How to apply
Applications are made via this online form. To apply, a Google account is required. If you don't have one, you can create one HERE. If you cannot access the online registration, please contact ADAGP at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once your application is finalized and submitted, you will no longer be able to modify it. Thank you for completing this form as carefully as possible.
Items to download in the application
Before completing the online form, be sure to collect the following documents (in pdf format - in French):
• 1 curriculum vitae (4 pages maximum)
• 1 artistic file including ten visuals of past works (between 5 and 10 pages maximum) with full captions
• 1 cover letter with a description of the reasons why your work justifies the need for this residency, and specifying your support desires (between 2 and 4 pages maximum)
• Video links, audio files representative of your work if applicable (mp3, avi)
• Launch of the call for applications: Friday July 16, 2021
• Deadline for submitting applications: Sunday, September 12, 2021
• Announcement of results: early November 2021.
• Period of the residency: from January to March 2022.
With an area varying from 25 to 60m2, the housing workshops are designed to combine production and daily life. They consist of a working room, a kitchen, a bathroom and a sleeping area.
A workshop can accommodate up to two adults and a child up to 7 years old.
Collective applications must be made as follows, depending on the case:
• the project is common: a single application in the name of the two artists
• the projects are different: two separate applications must be submitted (please indicate in the "miscellaneous remarks" at the end of the form that you wish to share a housing workshop and specify the name of the second candidate).
Applications selected for collective projects including more than two artists remain exceptional given the low number of adapted housing workshops.
We regret that the housing workshops offered do not meet current standards of accessibility for people with disabilities, and we are working on them for the future.
For any request concerning the accessibility of the spaces of the Cité internationale des arts, we are at your disposal to answer you on a case-by-case basis.
Founded in 1953, ADAGP is the French author's society for the visual arts. With a global network of nearly 50 sister companies, it now represents nearly 200,000 authors in all visual arts disciplines: painting, sculpture, photography, architecture, design, comics, manga, illustration, street art. , digital creation, video art.
ADAGP encourages the creative scene by initiating and / or financially supporting projects that promote the visual arts and ensure their promotion at the national and international level. Find out more
About the Cité internationale des arts
The Cité internationale des arts is an artists' residence which brings together artists in the heart of Paris and which enables them to implement a creation or research project in all disciplines.
Over periods of two months to one year, the Cité internationale des arts allows artists to work in an environment favorable to creation, open to meetings with professionals from the cultural sector. Residents benefit from tailor-made support from the Cité internationale des arts team.
In the Marais or Montmartre, the housing workshop (living and creative space) from which residents benefit allows them to live with more than 300 artists and actors from the art world of all generations, all nationalities and from all disciplines. In collaboration with its many partners, the Cité internationale des arts is opening several thematic and / or project calls for applications throughout the year. Find out more