You are here

How and why do I insure my art work during exhibitions or transport ?

When your work is handled and exhibited, it may sustain damages. Therefore, it is essential to find out first about the terms under which compensation is paid in the event of damage, loss or theft. First of all, you have to find out whether insurance has been taken out by the organisers of the exhibition, gallery owners, etc. and the extent of this insurance and, if applicable, take out additional insurance. To take out insurance or get coverage, you have to get a countersigned certificate attesting to the value of the work.

Certain insurance companies propose special conditions concerning the transport or keeping of works of art.

You must check with your insurers.